DEAR CLEO BRIDESMAIDS DRESS GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. DEAR CLEO DRESSES ARE MADE-TO-ORDER - ALLOW 8-10 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY.
- 1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Dear Cleo, Dress Giveaway ("Giveaway") begins on Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 6:00AM PST and ends on Tuesday, January 31, 2019 at 11:59PM PST ("Promotion Period"). Entries that are submitted before or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified. The sponsor of this Giveaway is Dear Cleo ("Sponsor"). By participating in the Giveaway, each Entrant (as defined below) fully, unconditionally and irrevocably accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of all Giveaway entries (“Entries”) and the overall administration of the Giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Giveaway. Sponsor may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during and after the Promotion Period.
- 2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States of America who are 18 years or older during the Promotion Period (“Entrant"). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), are ineligible to enter the Giveaway or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- 3. PRIZES: One Entrant will win both prize A and prize B. Prize A: Winner will receive free bridesmaid dresses for their entire bridal party. Approximate retail value or “ARV” - $952 (calculated for 8 bridesmaids - $119 X 8). Prize B: Winner will receive $2,500 towards their wedding photography Prize A and Prize B will only be awarded to one Entrant. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. The sponsor requires the giveaway winner to submit 5-10 photographs from wedding day to use for social post. This Giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States of America and Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- 4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Giveaway during the Promotion Period online by (i) visiting and submitting the entry form, which can be found on the following website at www.dearcleo.com. One Entry per person. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified, or for any error, whether human, technical, or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant found to be tampering with the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. There will be no credit for multiple, bot, automated or spam Entries, each as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than one Entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/Giveaway subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant's Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to end the Giveaway at any time, including prior to the expiration of the Promotion Period.
- 5. WINNER SELECTION: The winner of the Giveaway (“Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
- 6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential Prize Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020, after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor by Friday, March 6th, 2020, 9PM PST. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
The potential Prize Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release ("the Prize Claim Documents"). Any Winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable, and any failure or delay to promptly sign and return the Prize Claim Documents, may result in Prize forfeiture. In the event a potential Winner is determined to be ineligible in accordance with these Official Rules (including, without limitation, by failure or delay to respond to any notification attempt within the specified time or any failure or delay to promptly sign and return the Prize Claim Documents), such Prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner in a drawing from among all remaining Entries received. The Winner may be required to supply Sponsor with his/her W9 (social security number) for tax purposes, an address to send payment, and any other information reasonably requested by Sponsor. Subject to the foregoing requirements, Winner will place his/her bridesmaid dresses order for the Prize and pick up the Prize as directed by Sponsor. The Prize may take approximately 16 weeks to process. Sponsor may contact Winner if more information is needed. No substitution or transfer of a Prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- 7. CONSENT AGREEMENT: By entering this Giveaway, Entrant: (1) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) consents to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (3) agrees that Sponsor may send Entrant information, promotions or special offers that Sponsor determines may be of interest to Entrant. Should an Entrant wish to opt out of these communications unrelated to the Giveaway, please email email@example.com.
- 8. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: By entering the Giveaway, each Entrant represents and warrants that Entrant is the owner or licensee of any and all personal information, materials and information, including photos and videos, if any, submitted by Entrant to the Giveaway and Entrant automatically grants, and Entrant represents and warrants that Entrant has the right to grant, to Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully-paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense at multiple levels) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), transfer, distribute any such materials for any purpose and in any format on or in connection with the www.dearcleo.com website or its affiliated or partner sites, the Sponsor’s businesses, or the promotion thereof, prepare derivative works, incorporate into other works, and/or grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. Entries must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content, and Entries must not infringe any intellectual property rights, publicity rights or privacy rights of third parties. Each Entrant further represents and warrants that all persons and entities connected with the materials and information submitted in connection with the Giveaway, and all other persons and entities whose names, voices, photographs, likenesses, works, services and materials have been used in such materials/information or its/their exploitation, have authorized the use of their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, performances, and biographical data in connection with the advertising, promotion, trade and other exploitation of the materials and information and the rights granted herein. By entering the Giveaway, each Entrant grants Sponsor permission to share Entrant’s email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other Giveaway Entities for any legal purpose whatsoever including, without limitation, administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
- 9. INDEMNIFICATION: By entering, each Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and otherwise hold Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, the agents, officers, directors, and/or employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or relating to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway by or directed by Entrant; (b) breaches of or inaccuracies in any representations or warranties of, or license grants by, Entrant or any other terms and conditions contained herein; and/or (c) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including any such claim by the Released Parties’ employees or agents or any third parties.
- 10. RELEASE: By entering this Giveaway, each Entrant (1) agrees to release Sponsor and each of the Released Parties from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs, and/or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participating in this Giveaway or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, (2) waives any and all claims against Sponsor and each of the Released Parties based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or any other intellectual property, publicity right or privacy right, and (3) acknowledges that neither the Sponsor nor any Released Parties have made or are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose.
Neither Sponsor nor any Released Parties shall be liable for any damages whatsoever related to or arising from (a) any technical errors that may prevent any Entrant from participating in any way; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; and/or (c) errors in the administration of the Giveaway.
Each Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Each Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sponsor’s and Released Parties’ aggregate liability for all claims will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Sponsor or Released Parties be liable for attorneys' fees.
- 11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Giveaway; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Giveaway; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to Entrant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Giveaway or download of any materials in the Giveaway.
- 12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Washington.
- 13. GENERAL CONDITIONS: If, for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, fraud, computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion and at any time, (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules (b) award the prize from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment and/or c) terminate the Giveaway. In such event, Sponsor may immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any Entrant or any other person in connection with the Giveaway. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure or delay by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- 14. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner List or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 15. SPONSOR: Dear Cleo, PO Box 1631, Bellevue, WA, 98009; email@example.com; 833-253-6411.
Opens external website in a new window.
Opens in a new window.
Opens external website.
Customer information - Dear Cleo - Checkout